Terms and conditions for Students for Soil
The following terms and conditions govern Your (hereinafter referred to as “You” or “Student”) participation in“Students for Soil” initiative (hereinafter referred to as “the Initiative”), associated with the Save Soil Movement of Conscious Planet, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Conscious Planet,” or “We”).
The aim of the Initiative is to educate, sensitize and spread awareness about soil degradation and the impact it is going to have on human wellbeing, in a scientific manner.
Students age 13 years and above can participate in the following three stages and earn a certificate of volunteering:
- View a video (Clicking on the video is considered as passing)
- Take a quiz (Scoring over 60 percent is considered as passing)
- Create a pledge page at https://pledge.save-soil.co/login and invite at least 10 friends or family members to become "Earth buddies" (crossing 10 enrollment is considered as passing)
Additionally, Students ages 5 to 18 years can on their own send a message to the leaders of their country about their concern for soil in the form of a letter, artwork or video (“the work”). The work may also be submitted to Conscious Planet through Our website, which We may choose to display on Our website and/or social media handles. Students can earn a badge of appreciation towards their work.
- This platform is open for Students of all countries outside of India and is not open for Students from India.
- The submission must be the individual effort of the Student.
- Trademarks and Copyright properties are owned by their respective owners only.
- If submitting a Student's work to Conscious Planet for display on Conscious Planet's website or social media, the work must be submitted by the parent / legal guardian of the Student.
- Student agrees that We will only use the Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") collected on this webpage to deliver and manage the initiative. By accepting to participate in the initiative, Student consent to Us transmitting, processing, disclosing, and storing Student’s personal information, which will not be shared or used for any reason other than that stated.
- Student must be between the ages of 5 years and 18 years.
- A Student can participate only once.
- Submission of the work is no guarantee that Conscious Planet will display or publish that work. Conscious Planet reserves the right not to display or publish the work on its website or social media handles.
- By submitting the work, the parent/legal guardian gives permission for the work, student first name, country and graduation level to be published, both offline and online, and grants Conscious Planet a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish the letter in electronic format or hardcopy for purposes related to the Save Soil Movement.
- The parent / legal guardian represents and warrants that the work is an original work of the Student.
- The work shall not:
- violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, privacy rights, copyrights, trademark rights and/or any other intellectual property rights; the parent/legal guardian shall indemnify Conscious Planet and related entities, its officials, employees, representatives against any claims, loss, damages and liability arising as a result of infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
- Be harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pedophile, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially ethnically objectionable, disparaging, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever.
- be a file that contains malware or viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- The parent / legal guardian may request that We remove the work. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the work is deleted, subject to the limitation that we may be unable to fully delete all, particularly any of the work posted on other user pages or third party websites. We reserve the right to retain any of the work as necessary for legal or compliance purposes.
- When registering, Student’s name, age, college/school and email address will be collected.
- We reserve the right to ask for Student’s age proof, should it be required.
- Student accept that the marking for Student participation in the quiz will be based on Student performance, and that our judgment on the marking will be final.
- In order to be eligible for the Students for Soil certificate of volunteering, the student must register for the quiz and complete the quiz as per the instructions provided in the webpage.
- We reserve the right to cancel participation of the student if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that Student has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Initiative through cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or annoys, abuses, threatens, or harasses other students.
- Student consents to be contacted on the email address submitted when registering for Students for Soil.
- We are not responsible for any malfunctions of the certification or badge of appreciation, as well as any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or undeliverable answers due to system errors, failed, incomplete, or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, network connectivity issues, or hardware or software failures of any kind.
- Conscious Planet reserves the right to change or cancel the Initiative at any time. This includes Our right to amend, change, and/or vary any of the terms and conditions of the Initiative.